“Inspired by Alamance Rose”
Looking “Backwards” and “Forwards”
Thanks to everyone who came out for the April meeting! We had a great turnout, and a lively discussion of our past (Blue Stripe) and upcoming quilt challenges.
After considering several options, members voted to choose “Inspired by Alamance Rose” as our 2024 challenge. (Bookshelves were a close second, with other options including doors, Mardi Gras, photo-inspired, and red-and-white.)
- All quilts need to finish at 18″ x 18.”
- A 2″ hanging sleeve needs to be attached to the top back of the quilt.
- Plan to complete your project in time for a “big reveal” at our December Artsy Group meeting!
- Photographs of the Alamance Rose quilt owned by Michelle Owens (which was displayed at our 2023 Show) – See quilt pictured above, and two closeups included below.
- You may wish to refer to the Modern Meets Modern Challenge quilts from the International Quilt Museum as a reminder of how a traditional design can spark many ideas!
“Art Feeds the Soul” Quilt Show VISION:
At the 2024 quilt show, all the Challenge quilts will be displayed as a group, along with the original Alamance Rose quilt.
Have fun interpreting this quilt, or any part of it, in your own artsy way!
Any member of APQG or BCQG is welcome to join the Artsy Group. We meet on the 1st Tuesday of each month at Elmira Community Center. Coordinators are Connie G. and Linda R. – who will be happy to address any questions about the activities of this group.