Welcome to Alamance Piecemakers Quilt Guild, a group of people who enjoy sewing and learning in Alamance County in central North Carolina.
Our purpose is to promote and perpetuate the art of quilting.
- The work of the Guild is designed to benefit and educate all persons interested in preserving, continuing, and advancing this art.
- The Guild shall encourage a high standard of design and technique in all forms of quilting, and
- teach and sponsor exhibits to promote the art of quilting.
For more about what we do, explore the menu (and associated drop-down topics) to learn about:
- Member Activities – all kinds of ongoing activities and projects of the Piecemakers Guild, including Block of the Month, and Artsy Group.
- Blog – Pictures and stories of past programs and community events.
- Fundraisers – Opportunities to purchase handmade items crafted by our members. This is one of the ways we fund charity projects and other activities of the guild.
- Quilt Shows – Our next show is set for March 6-9, 2024. Elon Community Church will again be hosting our event in their fellowship hall (known as the Community Life Center). We are building a history of successful shows each year, with over 100 quilts on display for four days. You can see photos under our “Community” tab. The annual show is a cooperative effort of two quilt guilds in Alamance County. Here is a link to a separate “Art Feeds the Soul” Quilt Show website with details about the upcoming show, resources for Guild members, and history of previous shows.
- Calendar – a tentative schedule of programs for this calendar year. Our meetings are being held in person.
- Meetings & Membership Info – If you are considering joining our Guild, info is under the tab “About APQG.”
We meet from 9 AM to noon on the third Wednesday morning of each month throughout the year at Elmira Community Center, 810 Wicker Street, Burlington, NC. (We have recently added June and July to our calendar!) At monthly meetings, we learn and get inspiration from speakers and one another by sharing projects and techniques.