Welcome to Alamance Piecemakers Quilt Guild, a group of people who enjoy sewing and learning in Burlington, NC.
- to educate our members through lectures, workshops, demonstrations, classes, and mentoring;
- to support local charities and individuals in need by donating quilts and quilt-related items created by members; and
- to share the beauty of quilting with the community.
For more about what we do, explore the menu (and associated drop-down topics) to learn about:
- Member Activities – all kinds of ongoing activities and projects of the Piecemakers Guild.
- Blog – Pictures and stories of past programs and community events.
- Boutique – Opportunities to purchase handmade items crafted by our members. This is one of the ways we fund charity projects and other activities of the guild.
- Quilt Shows – Our next show is set for March 8-11, 2023. Venue will be Elon Community Church in their fellowship hall (known as the Community Life Center). Our 2022 quilt show was a great success, with over 100 quilts on display for four days. You can see photos under our “Community” tab. Our first ever Joint Quilt Show was cooperative effort of two quilt guilds in Alamance County. “Art Feeds the Soul” was the theme
- Calendar – a tentative schedule of programs for this calendar year. Our meetings are being held in person.
- Meetings & Membership Info – If you are considering joining our Guild, info is under the tab “About APQG.”
We meet from 9 AM to noon on the third Wednesday morning of each month throughout the year (except in June and July) at Elmira Community Center, 810 Wicker Street, Burlington, NC. At monthly meetings, we learn and get inspiration from speakers and one another by sharing projects and techniques.