The guild meets monthly on third Wednesdays (except in June and July).
Our regular meeting place is Elmira Community Center. Address is 810 Wicker Street, Burlington, NC (just a mile or so north of downtown, and a few blocks off Webb Avenue).
Monthly meetings are called to order at 9 AM, and usually end before noon. Our current routine includes
- a brief business meeting
- a fabulous prize!
- monthly strip drawing
- Show & Tell (usually)
- mid-morning break
- monthly raffle drawing
- monthly Program.
Doors open by 8:30 AM. Here are some things to look for during the “social time” before the meeting starts (or during the mid-morning break time):
- Membership Table – Check off your name on the attendance sheet. (Don’t forget to wear your name tag!)
- Sign-Up Sheets – There is always a workshop, event, committee, or other need to sign up for!
- Monthly Raffle – Buy a raffle ticket ($1 each) for the monthly drawing. (Items are donated by members.)
- Strip Drawing – Drop your “jelly roll strip” (2.5″ x WOF) into the basket and drop your name “into the hat” for the strip drawing (a different color strip each month). March is green.
- BOM – We are currently working toward making “sampler quilts” to donate to charity in October. All 12 of the “Block of the Month” patterns are now available, as well as a display of each of the blocks.
- Kits for charity quilts – We make available kits to encourage members to sew for Project Linus (quilts for kids), lap quilts for seniors, fidget quilts, etc. Don’t forget to add an APQG label before you donate your project back to the Outreach Director!
- Free Material table – Peruse the offerings of fabric, patterns, magazines, etc. (or bring items to share with others).
- Library – We have a cabinet full of quilt books you can “check out” by signing the card in the back. The library cabinet is in the storage room.
See an Officer or a member of the Programs Committee if you have questions.